Monday, July 12, 2010

Email Memos

Do you ever email yourself? I do. Is that kinda like talking to yourself? I don't know. I don't do too much of that, but every once in a while I'll say something out loud to myself. I'm not one to carry on a conversation with myself. But when there is something I want to remember, sometimes I'll email it to myself. I guess it's really like making a note, without the paper mess. But I feel similarly about email clutter as I do about paper clutter- I hate both, but who doesn't. I also struggle with both.
Well, tonight I'm trying to clean out my email inbox a little bit and I was scrolling through the dozens of messages to find ones that I could quickly delete without thinking about what I wanted to do with them. I found this one that I had emailed to myself back on April 30, 2009. (Yikes! that takes a lot of guts for me to admit that I still have emails in my inbox that old- but I don't have many of them.) I still found it amusing to read tonight. Here it is, cut and pasted directly from the email:

okay... Blogger doesn't allow cut and paste, so now I'm retyping it in, verbatim....Ugh...

So this morning at breakfast I asked Hayden not to rock in his chair. When he asked why not I explained that the chair was not made to be rocked and therefore it could damage the legs and break the chair. His response, "I want my own rocking chair. I know! I'll ask for one for Christmas, because you can get any kind of present for Christmas. Well, not ANY kind. If you're little and you want a remote control airplane, you'll get a remote control car instead, because that happened to me."
I couldn't help laughing.
Love it.

1 comment:

  1. Linda! I love your sleepwalkers! I have a few of those myself and they say the funniest things... But I'm always worried that one day they might sleepwalk outside and we won't hear them...

    ReplyDelete