Friday, November 12, 2010

Cleaning Off My Desk

In May 2009 we had a reunion with my family in Kitty Hawk, NC. For FHE my sister Karen interviewed my parents so that the grandchildren could get to know their grandparents a little better. It was fun to hear some things about our parents that I hadn't heard before, so I asked if I could keep the answers. I finally realized this is the perfect place for me to put them so anyone in the family can get them easily. She only wrote down the aswers, so I'm using my best guess to fill in what the questions were:

1. Did you have a pet when you were a child?

Mom- Yes, 2 dogs. Heidi was a Collie and Midnight was a black lab. Also 1 bird called Cutie Pie

Dad- Yes, a dog named Ralph (Linda's edit- I think this was a Beagle?)

2. What was your best/favorite subject in school?

Both- Math

3. What did you enjoy doing as a child?

Dad- model trains, plastic models

Mom-sewing

4. Who was your best friend?

Mom- twins, Barbie & Debbie

Dad- Carl

5. What was your favorite food?

Dad- Ice cream

Mom-rolls. One night at dinner she ate 10 rolls!

6. Did you get an allowance?

Mom- Yes, 25c/week and $1 for each A on a report card

Dad- 25c/week

7. Who was your favorite historical figure?

Dad- Davy Crockett

Mom-Helen Keller

8. Do you remember a favorite Christmas present?

Mom- a Jan doll with clothes

Dad- a pistol with plastic bullets

9. What do kids have now that you didn't have then?

Both- Computers!

1 comment:

  1. Linda these questions look right to me. I completely forgot that I had done this interview. Thanks for posting it!
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete